Thursday, April 29, 2010

warna warni kehidupan

So me and a few of my colleagues (this word is hard to spell. Misc-tpvgames.gif)  went to a communication skill course. It was a two days course but I only managed to go for a day. They taught us how to speak the right english and stuff. Anyway it was pretty refreshing but towards the end they brought up an issue that got me thinking. And it is not a very good thought especially in a place like this country. Yup it is about race.

As a teacher I treat my students equally regardless of their skin color. But I can't help to notice that my-skin-color of students are very much weak academically. It does make me feel a bit upset. And I'm sick and tired of people saying; the malays are lazy, the malays are weak bla bla..

Does this looks like I'm living in denial. I refuse to accept that kind of statements. I just plain hate it cause when I look at my students most of them have good attitude and they respect us. Of course there's a few exception case but most of them are very polite. I'm still looking for the right way to teach. Maybe there's something that we're missing that makes the malays left out. I don't think it's because of english because they do understand english. It's just that they're not comfortable to communicate in english. So I'm still not sure what is it actually ...

No comments:

Post a Comment